Vacancy: Service Desk Specialist
The support team guarantees services are delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations. Ensures proper documentation, notification, escalation, and tracking and follow up of all priority incidents. Proactively monitors the network health status via PRTG, manages Outage Notification and Escalation and prepares post-incident analysis.
- Provides Tier 1 service or support through telephone or email to internal or external customers in accordance with the service level agreements.
- Manages and triages service requests and incidents effectively by understanding customer needs and meeting service level requirements.
- Works with the engineers to ensure they are responding to customers timeously.
- Outage coordination and facilitation.
- Communicates company and client-initiated changes to various stakeholders.
- Documents incidents and resolutions within the call tracking application and provides updates to the knowledgebase where applicable.
- Owner of Root Cause Analysis documentation by working with engineers to find and document root causes and preventative measures.
- Meeting with customers to discuss service desk performance and improvements.
- Become a knowledge leader on Pivotal’s ITSM tool by researching and learning the platform.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ideally a minimum of 6 months of previous IT service desk experience or 1 year of technical support experience.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Must have basic math, reading and writing skills to be able to count, read instructions and document necessary paperwork.
- Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills, and time management skills to ensure that work-related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, high demand and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Familiarity with a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Solid knowledge of computer, telecommunications, and network equipment and applications.
- Demonstrated written communication skills to effectively develop training materials, write clear, concise system documentation and outline current systems, recommend logical solutions with sound details and make updates as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to interpret and/or create a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other position considerations:
- Travel may be required to attend work-related meetings.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects. Incumbent must be able to support operations that are opened weekends and evenings. All employees must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
- Able to maintain a regular work schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Required to read and follow all company policies and procedures.
Please complete our online skills assessment https://ai.pivotaltalent.co.za/?CID=1D526
Only applications via the skills assessment will be considered. Please do not email CV’s.
Following the announcement that Elingo had entered voluntary liquidation, Pivotal Data has confirmed employment opportunities to affected staff and will engage Elingo customers to ensure continuity of services in customers directly impacted. Read more »