Vacancy: Business Development Manager
We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced and dedicated Business Development Manager to join our team. This individual will have to find new business opportunities and manage existing customer relationships. The ideal candidate should have an aptitude for selling innovative technology and extensive experience in customer service. We expect the candidate to be a reliable professional, able to achieve balance between customer alignment and a results-driven approach. The goal is to find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
- Relevant degree, diploma or experience
- Identify, develop, and qualify sales leads
- Educate our potential client base with our service offering
- Preparation and presentation of solutions and sales proposals
- Regular reporting of sales cycle
- Engage in new business development
- Develop and execute appropriate sales strategies to meet sales and revenue objectives
- Demonstrate value through solution selling practices to solve customer pain points
- Propose solutions that leverage all company services
- Continual education to effectively engage customers to the point a product specialist is engaged
- Previous telecom experience and demonstrated use of solution selling concepts
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated competency in determining and analysing customer needs and recommending solutions in a competitive sales environment
- Minimum of five years’ experience in selling IP based voice, contact centre, or communications and infrastructure solutions
- Experience selling Avaya IP Office
- Experience with Open Source solutions (advantageous)
- Experience with selling LAN switches and routers (advantageous)
- Experience selling full suite of communications solutions from network services, infrastructure, IP Telephony, Lan/Wan technologies and Internet
- Advanced level of MS Office and PC proficiency
- Organisational Skills – Ability to manage multiple prospects simultaneously
- Competitive Selling – Ability to position Pivotal’s products against direct and indirect competitors
- Prospecting – Discipline and work ethic to build a pipeline
- Forecasting – Ability to orchestrate the closure of business on dates consistent with the accurate understanding of prospects’ buying cycles and Company’s standing with prospects
- Sound knowledge of IP Telephony solutions and applications such as UC
- Familiarity with manufacturers such as Connex, Mitel, Vicidial, Avaya IP office desirable
- Sound understanding of SIP based technology and industry direction
- Take initiative, innovative thinking
- Team player / Collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail orientated
- Customer care skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Logical thinking skills
- Goal and deadline driven
- Business Acumen
If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete our online skills assessment here: https://ai.pivotaltalent.co.za/?CID=1889C
Take note of the following before you being your assessment
Limit distractions. It is important that you are not distracted or disturbed. Any distractions may have a direct impact on your result.
It usually takes approximately 1 hour to complete the profile which consists of your; personal details, educational background, experience, preferences, as well as skill testing.
If you cannot complete your profile in one sitting, you can log in again at a later stage using your email and password. Please only log off after selecting “Next” so that the answers to your last completed page are saved.
Check your equipment. Check your computer and internet connection before starting, as some questions are set to a time limit and cannot be retaken.
You should have paper, a pen/pencil and a calculator at hand.
Read all instructions clearly. For certain questions you will be given a time limit. Note; you must answer these questions BEFORE the time expires.
Pivotal Data has realised a long-term strategic ambition by achieving Genesys gold partner status, and has been recognised as the number one partner in Africa based on financial performance.Read more »