Vacancy: Accounts Receivable Clerk
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable Clerk to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipt.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete our online skills assessment here: http://ai.pivotaltalent.co.za/?CID=1D587
Please note that only applications via the skills assessment will be considered. Please do not email CV’s.
- Diploma or Bcom degree
- 5 to 6 years related experience
- Follow up on outstanding debt and payment arrangements
- Create and process Invoices
- Allocate payments and send out statements
- Daily capturing/allocation of electronic customer account payments
- Occasional processing of credits
- Collection of payments, facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Monthly feedback reports on customer accounts
- Liaison with sales reps
- Maintaining updated details of customer accounts on Pastel Evolution
- Inquiries on unidentified payments to the bank.
- Filing of customer trade agreements/maintaining records on customer rebates and settlement discounts.
- Administration of Debtors accounts
- Invoicing, processing of customer payments
- Performing reconciliations of general ledger accounts to ensure the completeness of accounts and to identify the relevant contents based on specific requirements
- Understanding the customer base and reporting on recoveries, etc.
- Performing reconciliations against expenses to ensure all amount appropriately recovered.
- Perform monthly analysis on debtors, allocations and customer invoices.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issue
- Accounting skills
- Computer skills (especially MS Excel and Pastel)
- Proven working experience as accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable manager or accountant.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
Persona attributes and soft skills required:
- Customer Services skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Client focus
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy and numerical skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Work well under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Solid time management
- Be able to work well in a team
- Be able to take initiative and self-motivation
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
Following the announcement that Elingo had entered voluntary liquidation, Pivotal Data has confirmed employment opportunities to affected staff and will engage Elingo customers to ensure continuity of services in customers directly impacted. Read more »