Vacancy: Telephony Application Specialist
Responsible for managing and supporting Pivotal clients on the various technologies and platforms sold and supported by Pivotal Data by proactively monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents. The ideal candidate will require a strong background in investigating, identifying, troubleshooting and creating solutions within a Telephony (Specifically Genesys Pure Connect, Pure Cloud) environment. The successful candidate will be Genesys-centric; however, they will need to have a broad understanding of how other call center technologies operate.
Responsible for managing all procedures related to identification prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of service functions:
- Daily / Weekly Health Checks
- Respond to reported tickets and support issues within SLA or better.
- Collect logs related to customer affecting issues and investigate the possible root cause.
- Resolve support issues through investigation, replication, and troubleshooting.
- Participate in internal and customer-facing calls related to support issues.
- Ability to interpret and trace through complex SIP call flows
- Interact directly with customers to obtain additional information or to provide status updates or resolutions.
- Interact with the Genesys Platform Operations team to resolve support issues.
- Organize and lead conference calls during customer-affecting service interruptions.
- Become knowledgeable about all Pivotal Products through training and handson experience.
- Identify improvements to process and seek ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- Complete basic change requests submitted by customers.
- Update Knowledge Base upon resolution of a support issue to document the solution for future reference.
- Ensure Service Level Targets for Case Response times are met.
- Participate in a shift and ‘on-call’ rotation as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours.
- Attend training courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge.
- Must be able to cope under pressure and work to stringent timelines
- Experience in supporting contact center environments (On-premises or
- Hosted/Cloud-based) is preferred.
- Analyze call and ticket data to assess customer service performance and provide statistical reports on IT GCC performance
- Ensures team meets or enables the achievement of relevant IT metrics and
- commitments per IT business goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, document and identify gaps in the current process and build remediation plans to ensure excellent customer service and availability.
- Establish and document best practices throughout the entire technical support process and ensure service policies, procedures and knowledge base are current and well documented
- Provides consultation, advice, and direction for the 2nd tier engineers.
- Ensures all departmental staff is adequately trained.
- Responsible for the coordination and distribution of resources.
- Responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design performance analysis and developing proactive resolution plans.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Must have basic math, reading and writing skills to be able to count, read instructions and document necessary paperwork.
- Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills, and time management skills to ensure that work-related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, high demand and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Familiarity with a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ideally 3 – 5 years working in a Genesys & telephony support environment.